Saturday, July 11, 2009

Movie Review - PLAGUE TOWN

When a horror movie ends and leaves me with more questions than answers, sometimes that's a good thing. Unfortunately, with regards to this movie, it's NOT a good thing.

No spoilers (outside of the theatrical blurb), but I would have liked to have found out what the beginning of the movie had to do with the rest of the movie. Or why the family chose to go to Ireland for a family vacation. Or why people feel it's okay to walk into a strange house without knocking when they need help (manners, anyone?) Or why the movie's called PLAGUE TOWN.


Let's look at the basics here:

Blood - yep, there's lots of it
Grisly deaths - a couple are pretty darn good Monster makeup - some of the best I've seen, especially with regards to the main character (see poster)

Acting - very good, very credible

Yet for all its positives, this movie didn't "do it" for me. I'm sorry. I wanted it to be as fresh and innovative as reviews I've read promised it would be.

Nope. Didn't happen.

When a friend asked me what I remembered most about this movie, I told her, "Running. Lots of running. And screaming."


My recommendation?

No comments:

Post a Comment