Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Movie Review - PRIEST


Dystopian. Futuristic. Post-apocalyptic. Western. VAMPIRES.

In the future, the world's populace has gone behind walls, protected by The Church and its Priests who've gained super abilities to fight the vampires that have nearly decimated mankind. But there are still pockets of civilization living in small towns out in the Wasteland. When one Priest discovers that his brother and sister-in-law, who live in one such town, were among some of those civilians ravaged by a new crop of vampires, and that his niece was taken hostage, he leaves the church to save her.

I went into this movie just wanting to be entertained, and I got my money's worth. The vamps in this flick are not the kind we are accustomed to seeing. They reminded me more of the creatures in "The Descent". The revelation of who the bad guy leader was surprised me, but it made sense. I only wish he hadn't gone for the Clint Eastwood imitation.

Think "Blade Runner" meets "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral", and throw in some "Starship Troopers", and you have this movie.  And because it kept me fully immersed, my recommendation is that you...

No comments:

Post a Comment