Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Movie Review - LAKE MUNGO

This movie was an After Dark Horrorfest 4 selection.  It took me a while to get to it for various reasons.  But now that I've seen it, umm...well...I've seen it.

This Austrailian flick is not for those who like their shocks, gore, and splatter.  It's a very subtle, very low key film about parents, family, and friends grieving for a girl who drowned in a nearby dam.  Told in documentary style, the parents discover their daughter had a secret life.  From there they begin to suspect their house is haunted by her restless spirit.

If you're the type who enjoys the slow-paced drama of films like "Paranormal Activity" and "Blair Witch", you might enjoy this one.  But for me it was too slow, too monotoned, and the scares that were supposed to make me feel creepy just didn't affect me at all.  Although I loved the Austrailian background, and the camera work was brilliant, I found myself repeatedly glancing at the clock.

Which is why my recommendation is to

No comments:

Post a Comment