Monday, November 11, 2019

Monday Movie Review - MARROWBONE

This is one of those psychological horror movies, short on gore but heavy on screwing with your mind.

Three siblings go to the U.S. with their mother to escape a harrowing ordeal involving the father. They move back into the mother's old, abandoned family homestead and change their last names to that of her maiden name, Marrowbone. 

The mother gets sick. In order for the family to remain together, they hide the fact that she's dying, and pretty much keep a low profile from the rest of civilization until the eldest son turns 21 in a few months.

Eldest son falls in love with the town librarian, but another man is vying for her affections. Someone is seen prowling around on the grounds. And strange noises and odors are coming from the attic in the big old house.

If you're thinking this is going to be one of those movies where the house is possessed by an evil demon, forget it. That's what I believed until I got swept up into this story. What followed had me rewinding the video to double-check what I'd witnessed. And then I had to watch the movie all over again to catch all the subtle little clues I'd missed the first time around.

This movie left me with a gut punch to the feels. After reading past reviews for it, it's clear you're either going to hate the movie or love it. But for me, the bottom question left for me to answer was, would I watch it again?

Hell, yes. 


Which is why my recommendation is that you

No comments:

Post a Comment