Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Movie Review - Housebound

Kylie is caught trying to rob an ATM. She's ordered to spend 8 months in home detention, where her mother and stepfather live.

It's not long before she realizes there's something going on with the huge old house. In fact, when she discovers the actual history behind the structure, that's when all hell starts to break loose -- beginning with whatever is living behind the walls.

Initially I thought this movie was going to be another one of those haunted house flicks, complete with a demon she'd have to find a way to exorcise. But midway this story took a sharp left turn and went in a direction I wasn't expecting. And the ride it took me on left me breathless in some scenes, and laughing in terror in others.


Lots of red herrings are thrown at you in this New Zealand movie. I wouldn't so much rate this as a horror film as much as a murder and suspense. 

I strongly suggest that you


but be sure you're not holding the popcorn bowl while you're watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment