Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Movie Review - THE MONSTER PROJECT

Sometimes I read the blurb for a movie and decide to rent it without looking at the trailer. Wouldn't you know I'd get another camera POV flick. But at least this one had some originality.

We have a group of friends who like to make fake ghost videos/short films and post them online. They're so successful, they decide to make a real movie, but with one major catch. Rather than hire actors, they put out a call for real monsters.

What they get is a Native American who claims to be a skinwalker, a tattooed beauty with freaky eyes who says she's a vampire, and a winsome Asian woman a la Samara from The Ring, who happens to be possessed by a demon.

Our film crew rents a "known" haunted house to use as their backdrop. Once they're locked inside for the night, crap starts to happen.

I admit I was pretty entertained for the large majority of this film, although I believe the shaky chase-n-screaming scenes dragged on far too long. Lots of out-of-focus shots, but some decent special effects.

In addition, I did not see the finale coming. To me, it was a lame way to end the film. But your mileage may vary.

All in all, however, the acting was excellent and not over the top. Ditto for the makeup effects. This was a Kickstarter project that I feel was well-funded.

Which is why I recommend that you  

No comments:

Post a Comment