Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Movie Reviews - STORAGE 24

Aliens in a Storage Facility

The trailer looked great for this one. So when I got the chance to see it on HDNet Movies on DirectTV before it hit theaters, I jumped at the chance.

Right off the bat, it started off with an airplane crashing into one of those storage u-lock-it-and-leave-it places. The people who were inside at the time are trapped when the electricity is cut, and the doors opening to the outside no longer work. Which means they're trapped inside with something that fell out of the plane when it crashed.

I have to admit, the initial idea seemed solid. The acting is pretty good. But unfortunately, the movie falls flat. I love the fact that it takes place in London (or rather, in the London suburbs). Otherwise, there is very little for me to recommend. At every twist and turn, I felt as if I was watching a contemporary version of Aliens, but inside a storage facility instead of a spaceship. It's just a matter of seeing who gets picked off one at a time, and who'll survive for one last match-up at the end.

The way I judge a movie is whether or not I'd watch it again once it's released on TV. If I want to watch it again and can't wait for the release, it's a BUY. When I'll watch it again on TV or Netflix, it's a RENT. If I couldn't care less, it's a BURY.

Unfortunately, my recommendation is to



No comments:

Post a Comment