Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Movie Review - THE CELLAR DOOR

A lonely, misguided man sees a girl.  He waits until she's alone, and kidnaps her.  He keeps her in his cellar, and cruelly taunts her, treats her like crap, and emotionally and mentally abuses her.  Yes, there is some physical abuse, but overall this movie didn't grab me.  The "spine-tingling" didn't happen, but I watched until the end of the film to see how it would play out. 

I don't know.  This film has a multitude of kudos going for it, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.  The girl manages to outwit her abductor, and he gets his in the end.  Okay, so tell me we haven't seen this scenario countless times before. 

I will admit the acting was okay.  The gore value was so-so.  I really didn't have any problems with the movie other than the fact that it didn't scare me, and I really couldn't have cared less for the victim or the culprit.

My recommendation, therefore, is to:

No comments:

Post a Comment