Monday, November 9, 2009

Movie Review - GRACE

I'm glad I've birthed my sons, and they're already grown. Because women who plan to have babies, and especially nurse them, should not see this movie.

This one hits you in the maternal gut.

Basically, here's the gist of the story. A couple who are desperate to have children are finally blessed when the woman gets pregnant. Despite her mother-in-law interfering, the woman decides to have a midwife tend to the birth.


There is an accident. The husband dies. Seriously injured, the woman is told her child is dead, but she decides to carry it to term anyway. And here's where the horror enters the room because the woman soon discovers her baby is alive. And it's not hungry for milk.


GRACE is not overtly bloody, but the psychological horror is extreme. The acting is top-notch. And this film "feels" Hollywood, even though it's not.

What's more, I gotta give this film kudos for taking the "undead" into a whole new realm. I wouldn't be surprised if GRACE takes its place in horror annals, and future movies will be compared to this one.


This movie will stick with me for a long time. It's that powerful.









My STRONG recommendation is to:






No comments:

Post a Comment