Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Movie Review - WRONG TURN 4: BLOODY BEGINNINGS

I have to admit I had some trepidations about this one since #3 fizzled for me. Although it's not that bad, #4 has its problems as well.

Again we get some of the same old tropes: a bunch of twenty-somethings, out in the middle of nowhere in the freezing snow and cold, come across an "abandoned" nuthouse during a blizzard. Once more the phones don't work, but the place has all the luxuries of home. What they don't know is the intrepid inbred, cannibalistic threesome from the other three movies have managed to break out of their cells and eat the staff. Now with fresh warm bodies at their disposal, the inbreds have fresh meat for their table.

While I was watching this flick, questions kept popping up in my mind. Like, with the doctors and nurses no longer in charge, wouldn't somebody drive up to the place to find out why no one's answering the phone? What about the delivery people? And the mailman? What about new patients being brought in? If the inmates are running the place, wouldn't somebody on the outside get curious?

This movie is meant to be a prequel for "Wrong Turn" #1. And I admit there are some pretty gruesome moments. The blood is plentiful. There is sex and gore aplenty. A few of the kills are unique. But all the running around and screaming quickly became tedious. Plus there are a couple of TSTL moments that made me roll my eyes. (And you already know going in how this thing has to end.)

But overall this movie had decent acting and a couple of nifty scares, regardless of the serious need for suspension of belief. Which means my recommendation is that you

No comments:

Post a Comment