Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Movie Review - THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS

After viewing the trailer for this movie, I knew I had to give it a chance. Anything that would take me away from the shambling, plodding zombies ala George Romero was refreshing. Now, don't get me wrong. I love The Walking Dead, but after a buttload of movies with similar themes, I needed something different.

The Girl With All the Gifts is more along the style of 28 Days Later. It also takes place in a post-apocalyptic London/England/UK. And these infected are the scary as shit, fast on their feet, vicious kind.

The movie stars newcomer Sennia Nanua, and the girl just shines. It also stars Gemma Arterton and Glenn Close.

In short, it's about a spore-like infestation that's turned most of the population into running dead. However, there is a group of young children who were infected before birth, but are able to still reason, learn, speak, and write like normal children. The government is studying them to find out why they haven't completely turned into blood-craving crazies (although, if provoked, they tend to beast out until their cravings are filled).

I won't go into detail about this movie, but the ending isn't what I expected. Neither do I know how closely it follows the book by M. R. Carey, on which it's based. But I will tell you this. If you are a big fan of the 28 Days series, this is one should be on your keeper shelf.

Which is why I suggest that you

No comments:

Post a Comment