Monday, February 6, 2017

Monday Movie Review - SOUTHBOUND

This hour and a half movie is actually five short stories interwoven together, and for the most part it works. The strongest of the bunch is the first and last, "The Way Out" and "The Way In". To me, the twist is absolutely marvelous, and the hovering death creatures are some of the coolest and most terrifying effects I've seen in a long time. I actually went back to rewatch the first story after finishing the movie, just to see how they worked as one.

Two of the middle stories, "Siren" and "The Accident" feel more like one longer story that was chopped in half. The weakest one was the middle story, "Jailbreak", which I feel was a waste of time.

But, overall, this was an entertaining ninety minutes. And it was interesting to see how bits and pieces from one story were embedded in another story. I predict this one will soon show up on cable.

But if you don't want to wait, my verdict is for you to  

No comments:

Post a Comment