Monday, March 12, 2012

Some Movies That Just Should Not Be Viewed


I've now seen several movies that, to me, were so disturbing that I wish I hadn't seen them. Among those titles are SALO, CALIGULA (1979), and now THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2.

I liked the original Centipede movie. But this one has gone into realms of abomination. Yes, I can still remove myself from the film, reminding myself it's only a movie, but then I wonder what kind of point Tom Six was trying to make with some of the scenes.

The movie deals with an avid fan of the first film. He's a little guy named Martin, a loner who still lives with his mother, and who was severely abused by his father. He's unattractive, grossly overweight, and holds a night job in an underground parking facility.

He's so overwhelmed by the first Centipede film that he watches and re-watches it on his laptop computer at work. He has a scrapbook, detailing the surgical methods used in the film. In fact, he's decided to make his own human centipede, except he plans to take it a step further - rather than use three people, he'll use twelve. And he'll get his victims as they enter the underground garage.

The fact that he has no surgical skills or a sterile facility doesn't deter him. He finds an abandoned warehouse, and he brings along his rolls of duct tape, scissors, various kitchen knives, and a trusty staple gun.

There are scenes from these movies that will forever haunt me. What I need is a strong dose of "behind the scenes" to cleanse my palate. Although there are a couple of shorts in the Extras that show us some of their tricks, I still won't be able to wipe the residue off my mental screen.

This is why I will not be renting a copy of Centipede 3, and why my recommendation for this movie is to

No comments:

Post a Comment