Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Movie Review - APOLLO 18


My first impression? It's sloooooooooooowww.
My second impression? It's "Paranormal Activity" on the moon.

Three astronauts go to the moon on a secret mission from the Dept. of Defense to plant spy bots on the moon (as opposed to launching the bots into space as satellites.) The two that land to do the grunt work come across some implausible and indistinguishable tracks other than their own, and then realize there is someone...or something...else there with them.

I have to give kudos to the actors who did their best. Having unknown actors (to me) play the parts always help with the buy-in factor. But some of the scary parts just didn't feel scary enough to me. The gore is minimal. The effects were terrific, and for the most part I truly felt like I was watching gathered and edited footage. But for all its hype and anticipation, I wasn't really satisfied once it was over. But in all honesty I can't condemn this film.

Therefore I'm carving a new tombstone for my recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment