Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Movie Review - BLACK DEATH


I was lucky to see this on HDNet prior to it hitting theaters.  And I have to admit I was very impressed.

Back in the 14th century, when the Bubonic Plague hits Europe, people begin blaming witches as the cause.  At a monestary, some monks welcome a small group of soldiers who have arrived seeking help.  The leader, Ulric, informs the priests that they have heard of a village where there have been no outbreaks, and they want a monk to help provide guidance.  A young monk named Osmund, who was born near the area, offers to go with them.

Once they arrive at the village, at first it appears that the plague has bypassed them.  But then they realize that a more horrific evil has taken hold in the town.

The film's atmosphere is intense.  The plague and the terror it incites are brutally realistic.  Although the gore is not over the top, it still makes you cringe.  I have seen a few movies detailing the black plague, but in my opinion this is probably the best.

That's why my whole-hearted recommendation is that you 

No comments:

Post a Comment