Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday Movie Review - I SELL THE DEAD

Think SHAUN OF THE DEAD meets Victorian England. 

Blake and Grimes are a parody of Burke and Hare, the notorious graverobbers of that era.  They sell corpses to a slimeball physician, but are often foiled in their attempts to snatch freshly dispatched bodies by another gang of competitive graverobbers.

Life carries on as usual until the duo encounter the undead -- vampires, zombies, you name it.  From there on, the two business partners discover the money is much better if they take the extra risk at capturing one of those.

Although I found the ending a bit too farfetched (hell, what am I saying?  The whole movie is farfetched!), I SELL THE DEAD is great no-brainer of a film.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it found a cult audience.

My recommendation?

No comments:

Post a Comment