Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Movie Review - BIG MAN JAPAN

Call me a glutton for punishment.  I tried another Japanese "horror" movie that is supposed to be strictly for laughs, except this time there's no zombies. 

The movie is told interview style and very tongue-in-cheek.  The subject is named Masaru, and he is the last in a long line of "heroes" who are of average size until the city is attacked by hideous monsters.  At that point he jolts himself with a billion volts of electricity, and becomes a 40 ft. tall man who tries to beat the crap out of the monsters.  Of course, the big guy and monsters are all CGI, but overall the effects are very good. 

What bothered me were the monsters.  Some are flat-out disturbing, in my honest opinion.  But I was taking it all with a large grain of salt until the ending.  That's when the whole movie turned ass-over-end for me.

My recommendation:

No comments:

Post a Comment