Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday Movie Review - OVERLORD



To me, this was FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY meets SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. 

I'd heard a lot of up talk about this film, but you all know how that goes. One man's thumbs-up may be another man's thumbs-down. So I went into it with an open mind because - hey! - Nazi zombies!

First of all, the special effects were phenomenal in this flick. In addition, the acting was spot-on. There was no corniness, and no over-the-top moments that pulled you out of the story. Of course, with J.J. Abrams at the helm, I expected nothing less than well-polished entertainment.

Roughly thirty minutes into the movie, I felt I was settling into another version of SPR, until they got to the underground bunker and the undead. Even then, the show didn't become a free-for-all splatterfest, and for once I was impressed. I'm not saying there isn't that much gore. On the contrary, because - hey! - Nazi undead! But what's there is evenly matched with the build-up of tension and the inevitable gun fights.

And bombs. Let's not forget the bombs.

If you're looking for something pretty decent to escape with, I highly recommend that you


No comments:

Post a Comment