Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday Movie Review - HELLFEST

It's Halloween. An amusement park that specializes in horror themes has come to town. A group of young adults decides to try it out for a lark. A crazed killer is hiding in plain sight on the grounds, and his kills are mistaken as part of the props and decorations.

Sorta sound like a scenario you've heard or watched before? Same here. But I decided to give it a try anyway, having nothing better to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I was nicely surprised.


The heroine wasn't spending the entire movie screaming for help or running around the park, looking for a way out. The secondary characters were relate-able. The kills were gory but not over the top. I could have kicked the security guards for their nonchalance. Better still, the park's rides and attractions were so cool looking, I wished they would come to my home town (sans killer, of course).

All in all, one of the better-made movies about horror parks. And not a bad way to spend a wintry afternoon. Which is why my recommendation is that you




No comments:

Post a Comment