Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday Movie Review - HERE ALONE

Think The Road with zombies. Instead of a fast-paced flick with slow-moving infected, we get a slow-paced movie with rampaging, running dead. 

This story is told with some flashbacks. Ann and her husband and baby escape to the dense forest of upper New York state where her husband shows her how to survive in the wilderness. Inevitably we discover what happens to husband and baby as the film shows us Ann trying to cope with being totally alone.

Eventually she meets up with a father and stepdaughter. From that moment, all bets are off that everyone can get along swimmingly. And the ending was one I wasn't expecting.

To me, the flick tended to drone on a bit too much, but it had to in order to get across the feeling of absolute isolation and rising fear.


I liked it, but would I watch it again? Probably not. I won't say don't give this one a try, but my final verdict is that you



No comments:

Post a Comment