Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Movie Review - PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3


You would think after 3 movies this series would grow old, but it hasn't for me. The creators keep finding new ways to grab us by the nightmare and tear us a new one.

This movie is the "prequel" to the other two films. It basically shows us how the women from the affected families in #1 and 2 became targeted when they were children. As promised before, I won't give away any spoilers, but I will say that what you see in the previews IS NOT in the actual film, and to me that's truly regrettable. (Ditto for this poster/DVD cover). There are a couple of scares featured there that should have been exploited.

Yes, this movie has a few flaws, (like the "grandmother factor"), but overall the creepy factor is there. (The scene in the kitchen with the babysitter blew me away.)  The fear is tangible. Knowing that something is coming, but you don't know when and where...or what...and there's no music build-up to warn you -- this is what makes this film and its predecessors work.

This is why I wholeheartedly suggest you

No comments:

Post a Comment