Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Movie Review - SAW 3D

I've seen them all.  And just when I thought there couldn't be any more surprises, there were.  Thanks to director Kevin Greutert and writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan, this seventh installment of the franchise managed to jolt me a couple of times.  Not to mention the next generation of traps incurred.

Briefly, the movie centers around one of Jigsaw's survivors named Bobby Dagen.  He has a major book deal and goes on talk shows to espound upon what he endured.  The only problem is, Bobby was never a victim.  It's all a lie embellished by his agent, etc.  Can you see how this guy painted a nice red target on his chest?  Before you can say "Let's play a game.", Bobby and his coharts are thrown into the thick of the next set of torture devices.

Although this movie was filmed in 3D, I watched it at home.  I could see where several 3D elements were used, but loss of this visual did not affect my viewing.  Another thing - this is supposed to be the last film of this franchise?  Umm, I don't believe it for a second.  There is no "finality" here, but there is a satisfying conclusion.  I wouldn't be surprise if someone years later decides to "re-envision" SAW.

All in all, a nice change and ending.  Which is why I say you gotta

No comments:

Post a Comment