Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Movie Review - PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2

The first Paranormal Activity scared the be-jeezus out of me.  Why?  Because it was too damn much like when I was a kid, and a strange noise would awaken me out of bed in the middle of the night, and I had no idea what was happening.  The shadows were creepy and took on the shapes of demons and boogymen.  Every little noise spooked me.  And I think others related the same way to this movie.

Paranormal Activity 2 is much the same way, but ramped up.  The bad stuff doesn't just happen at night.  It gets you in broad daylight, too.  It begins slowly - a moving door, a child's toy, a light going on and off.  But when it finally escalates, it doesn't let up, and you have no idea what will happen next.

The basic premise is this:  A couple with a new son and a teenage daughter come home one day to find their place totally trashed.  Rather than install burgler alarms, they have security cameras placed in every room and outside.  It's then we start noticing that strange things are happening that can't be explained.  And pretty soon their lives are at risk.

I normally don't get sucked into horror movies, but this one did.  Don't watch this one alone, and for goodness sake don't watch it in the dark. 

Which is why my recommendation is to: 

No comments:

Post a Comment