Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Movie Review - FANGORIA BLOOD DRIVE II

This is a collection 8 short films, most of them around 15-17 min. long.  And although I know these are all amateur pieces, some of the video quality and blood gags are almost professional.

Overall , you have to give kudos to everyone for their efforts.  The stories are very unique, but most of them suffer at the end.  Just as the story gets interesting, it's over, and the endings are either incongruous, or downright puzzling.

Of the eight, "Means to an End" and "Working Stiff" are black comedies.  (The cheese grater got to me, ugh!)  "Disposer" gives phone sex a bloody new meaning.  And "Sawbones" is the only historical, taking you back to the open field hospitals of the Civil War.  But in my opinion, these 4 aren't enough to justify the rental.  Worse, each short is introduced by Mistress Juliya, and I nearly stopped the DVD after her first appearance.

Therefore, I'll make my recommendation as brief as possible:

No comments:

Post a Comment