Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Movie Review - GNAW

I knew from the moment I saw this cover that I had to see this movie.  I don't why I have a fascination with cannibalism, but I felt like it would be a good Saturday afternoon no-brainer, if nothing else.

Sigh.  When will I ever learn?

Six young twenty-somethings take a trip to a desolated farm out in the middle of nowhere (now tell me you've never heard that one before!).  Except in this case, it's the English countryside.  They become the guests of the family living there who, they later discover, are a family of cannibals.

Ever heard the line "I'm having an old friend for dinner?"

The kills are not too bad.  There's lots of blood.  But this movie lacks the one crutial element -- we the viewers don't care if these twenty-somethings survive.  On top of that, the ending is pretty predictable.  All in all, not a bad flick, but you've seen it already in one form or another.

If you have nothing else to watch, if all the good stuff is already rented out, then I suggest you:


No comments:

Post a Comment