Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Movie Review - ZOMBIES OF MASS DESTRUCTION

"A Political Zomedy"

This movie is another one of the films selected for the After Dark Horrorfest IV, and although it tries to stay very tongue-in-cheek, I was undecided whether to take it wholly serious, or wholly for fun.

First off, the film is riddled with Iranian/Iraqi and gay jokes.  Maybe that's the "in" thing right now, but I was wondering how viewers would see it ten years or so down the road.

The film is one of those "the military is doing illegal experiments on a little town without the inhabitants knowing about it."  I'm sorry, but that scenario is quickly growing stale.  The town itself is a real place up in Washington state, and it's a beautiful little Norman Rockwell village. 

The blood effects are super cool, I must admit.  The acting is tolerable.  But instead of watching it play out with baited breath, I found myself leafing through the latest Fangoria magazine while it continued on in the background.

If you want to see a terrific "zomedy", go rent ZOMBIELAND or SHAWN OF THE DEAD.  As for this movie, my recommendation is to

No comments:

Post a Comment