Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear Gail - Are there any movies or books you won't review?

Dear Gail,

Are there any movies or books that are so bad, you won't review them?

Yes, there have been, but maybe not for any reasons you might think of at first.

Horror is entertainment. That's it purpose - to shock and titillate us, because our reaction sends a physical reaction throughout our bodies which we like.

But there are times I'll get a movie or a book that so totally grosses me out, either morally or physically, that either I can't finish it, or if I do, there's no way I'll write a review about it. I sometimes even have nightmares about it. Not good, people, not good. That's not what horror should do, in my opinion. It should scare the shit out of you. Or send willies down your back. But it should never make you physically ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment